Friday, November 30, 2007

Rayme Royale says....

Hey Divas and Dukes ~

Thanksgiving behind us, now full speed ahead to Christmas! Thank you Jan for getting us ORGANIZED! I haven't written since my New York trip which is now 3 weeks past. What a wonderful time I had! Those who listened to the Diva Craft Lounge radio show on the day I was in New York City knew that I was in a lovely little craft shop right in the heart of Manhattan talking from there.

I lived in New York for 18 years of my life before moving to San Diego almost 9 years ago. I hadn't been back until this last trip. How wonderful it was to catch up with old friends, still find my favorite restaurant and coffee house haunts in tact, and discovered many new buildings and stores that I'd never seen before. It was a blessed time. An easy trip to make without a hitch! Those are the best kind.

I was a bit hesitant about going back after all this time, fearing what longings I may have about truly missing the Big Apple and having a desire to return. After all, I remember walking those streets convinced that I was going to live there for the rest of my life because I loved it so much.

I remember when I left, knowing that it was truly time for me to leave, I still wondered if I had a hankering to go back.....no, I don't! It was wonderful to remember all of the wonderful times I had and the life that I had there at that time, but I was very sure that I had left at the right time for me, and even standing in one of my favorite areas....I KNEW I had made the right decision then, and now. I LOVED visiting, and have promised myself that I will go much more often, but I have no more desire to live there.

I can't thank the city enough for the life I had there, but now I am grateful and thanking San Diego for the life that I have here. Truly in this life time, the best of ALL worlds! What GIFT there is in THAT!

Needless to say, I was camera ready...not so much for the usual sights that a typical New York tourist would take, but of patterns on buildings, or interesting architecture or details on older buildings....the entire city truly is one big piece of ART! And much to be inspired about at every corner! So I've got a SLEW of new ideas for greeting cards that I just can't wait to start executing and then sharing with you on my web-site! (www.raymecards.com)

Look for my new 'Card of the Month' in early December (a New Years Eve Party Horn!) along with a new recipe! And as soon as I can find a certain favorite cookie recipe that I just love, I'll be posting that on this blog.

Let's start NOW! Happy Holidays to all of you wonderful listeners that...for the most part, I don't really know all that well, but feel that I know you all VERY well because of our connection with our creative spirits! Thank you all for your in-put and your devoted listening to the Diva Craft Lounge. We really are one big FAMILY!

Let's continue the journey together!

BIG HUGS,

RAYME

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
We've been busy with our puppies and finding good homes for them. They are 6 weeks old today! I had a recipe to share. Is there a way to have a "recipe spot" on the blog to make it easy to find the recipes? Just a thought.

This is very easy and when I make them they do not last long!

Easy Heath Bars

1 C Butter
1 C Brown Sugar - packed
1 sleeve saltines
6 oz chocolate chips

Cover a cookie sheet w/ sides with foil, layout the saltines. Melt the butter and brown sugar on stove and let it boil for one minute. It will get thick and smooth. Pour over saltines and spread evenly.

Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
After baking let sit 1 minute to stop bubbling. Then sprinkle chips on top. When they melt, spread out evently. Let cool completely until it hardens. Cut and serve!

Cassie said...

I would love to see the ornaments that you talked about making on your radio show. Could you post a photo?

Cassie said...

I would also LOVE to see Danielle's bracelets.