Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Daycations!"

HI Divas & Dukes!

One of my favorite things about summer is spending more time with my twin nephews. They're going into the 3rd grade and they have very busy schedules during the school year. So summer time is a great time for spontaneous get togethers. And with the economy the way it is we're taking "Daycations" Mini trips around San Diego.

Tues we decided to take a quick trip to the San Diego Zoo. It's the 2nd largest in the world. We have member passes so we can pop in and spend a few hours and leave. My sis and I have been taking them to the zoo since they were babies. It was fun for them and great exercise for us. I still cringe thinking about pushing a double stroller up those steep hills and laughing all the way!

Now that they're older they like to pick out where we go. We always have to see the snakes first! NOT my favorite! I always have the image in first the Harry Potter movie where the glass disappears and the HUGE snake is free.

I decided it would be fun to give my nephews throw away cameras and see the zoo thru their eyes. It's always fun to see what they find interesting enough to take pictures of. It's also fun to see things at their height. We're going to make a mini book with the pictures we develop. Then they'll tell their story! They love to write. It's going to be an ongoing project for the summer. Lots of great memories they can look back on with their favorite Auntie!

What are some of the places in your town you like to share with your family?

Have a Diva Day/Summer!

Diva Danielle

No comments: