Thursday, July 23, 2009

Warm Days, Warm Things To Do!

Hey Divas and Dukes ~

Not like the rest of the country at the moment, San Diego is in a heat spell as well. I know I can't complain because we are at least 90 percent of the time in Paradise weather. So when it gets to the high 80's or more, we tend to be a bit of a 'wilting lilies' here. Such as we are!

But with the hot weather there is always new things to do and try. I don't know what it is this summer but almost every home or food magazine I have picked up this season has been talking about making your own ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!!!! What could be a better combo for summer anyway?

Tonight, my mom, (Mama Royale) is in town visiting and we just finished making a set of delicious ice cream sandwiches for a birthday dinner tonight. SUPER EASY! Okay, if we went through the trouble of making our own cookies and our own ice cream, like so many of the magazine articles I have read say to do, then, yes, I too would be a rival of Martha Stewarts. But since the warm weather calls for quick and easy, I will give you my EASY recipe for ice cream sandwiches.

Are you ready?

Get cookies of your choice at the store. Larger ones work better.
Get ice cream of your choice at the store.
Leave the ice cream out to soften.
Turn a cookie upside down on a large plate, place a generous scoop of ice cream on top of it, place the other cookie on top of that, smash it down a bit, trim the excess ice cream off the sides with a knife, wrap in a piece of plastic wrap and freeze for a couple of hours.

SERVE! Thank you very much!!! (We're going to put them on a plate drizzled with chocolate sauce and then pour a jigger of Bailey's Irish Cream on top....just because we CAN!)

Instant gratification is what the hot summer months calls for, and I invite you all to take part in an easy and quite impressive dessert for you and your friends.

When you do make them, write to me on this blog and tell me what combinations or embellishments YOU did to make the traditional sandwich cookies uniquely your own!

Keep it JOY-FULL!!!

Big Duke HUGS,

RAYMe

1 comment:

Scrapbook Diva & Rayme Royale said...

What a great Idea! I'm putting in my order for my B-day Dinner! XO Diva Danielle