Friday, July 27, 2007

Talk About Being Bold and Different!!!!!!

HI Divas And Dukes!!!!!!!

This is one my favorite times of the year. Comic-Con is in San Diego!!!! It's the worlds largest convention for comic book enthusiasts. We live Downtown so we're right in the thick of it. When I go to the grocery store it's not unusual to see a couple of Darth Vaders standing in line with a hoard of Storm Troupers. And next to them are a bunch of Pirates. They've brought in a full size replica of The Black Pearl made entirely from Styrofoam. Now that's a Craft Project! I love their passion for their hobby. Like our hobby, it's also our lifestyle.

I'm planning on taking my nephews to the convention on Sun. It's kids day. And because I'm definitely still a kid at heart I'll be there with my tiara on!!!! Why not. When you wear a tiara people smile at you all day long. Sometimes I forget I have it on and I think to myself,"People are SOOOOOO Friendly. "

This afternoon I'm off to help set up for Scrapbook Royalty's "Royal Treasure Hunt." Elena and her team do an incredible job raising money for all types of charities. I look forward to spending the day tomorrow working on finishing up some of my projects and catching up with friends. I hope you have a terrific weekend and enjoy spending time with your family and friends. Whatever you're doing make sure you're Havin a Diva Day!!!!!!

1 comment:

DCL Producer said...

Danielle, here's an interesting article on Comic-Con:

Annual convention draws a diverse crowd (all of them from Earth)

By Karla Peterson
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

July 27, 2007

The Batmans aren't bona fide, and the Chewbaccas are as faux as their fur. Sadly, no one attending Comic-Con International this weekend is from a galaxy far, far away, but the diverse nature of the Con crowd makes this annual pop-culture gathering at the San Diego Convention Center a demographic universe unto itself...

Pictures and more? CLICK HERE