Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Diva And Duke Recipe Swap!!!!!!!

HI Divas and Dukes,

OMG ! Where does the time go? I've been meaning to post and I can't believe it's been sooo long. For that I apologize.

Happy birthday to the Grand Duchess herself... Jan Mollet Evans... She told me "She's 29 again until she gets it right!!!!" I love that!!! I'm so blessed to have her as a friend.

I just returned from a great retreat in Dutch Flat, Ca. The town is as big as a postage stamp and a wonderful tribute to Americana. I met some amazing ladies and got to hang out with Miss Vicky which is always an added bonus.

We finally have our cruise dates which are April 14th-18th '08. I hope you can join us. We have a great time and get allot accomplished. We also learn many new techniques and love it when our Cruise Divas share some of there's.

Speaking of sharing. You know Rayme and I are always sharing recipes . So I thought it would be fun to start a Recipe Blog for all the Divas and Dukes out there. I hope you'll share some of your favorites with us.

Here's one of my favorites..... Don't count the fat grams on thjis one!!!!

Hot Artichoke Dip

2 cans of unmarinated artichoke hearts chopped
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup mayo
1/2 chopped white onion
1 clove of garlic chopped
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese

mix all the ingredients together in a oven safe dish
cover with aluminium foil and bake in the oven at 350 for 1 hour
I usually double the recipe for a party. Serve with a sliced french baguette. Enjoy!!!!

Okay, now it's your turn ...... Rayme and I are looking forward to some great recipes!!!!

7 comments:

Andree said...

Peach Cobbler

I was given this recipe when I lived in South Georgia. The woman who gave it to me said that what made this cobbler so special was the vanilla and cinnamon. It tastes wonderful served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 stick of butter, melted
4 cups sliced peaches (I use the canned ones)
1 tsp. Vanilla
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400.
Mix flour, milk, sugar, baking powder.
Pour mixture into a deep baking dish.
Stir in melted butter.
Pour in peaches but do not mix.
Sprinkle with cinnamon
Bake at 400 until the dough browns slightly around the edges but the center remains doughy and gooey. Best served warm.

Scrapbook Diva & Rayme Royale said...

HI Andrea,

I needed a peach cobbler recipe!!! I went out to the farmers market and they have the most amazing peaches right now. Thanks so much.

jencalta said...

Hello Diva!!!
I had such a fun time making "Imagine" layouts with you!! You are truly a Creative and Kind lady!! Here is my IceBox Chocolate pie to die for!! So YummY!!!

Chocolate-Ricotta Icebox Cake

14oz of Semi-Sweet Chocolate(Do not use chips)
2 15oz Containers of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 9oz Package of Chocolate Wafer cookies (Nabisco-in cooking Aisle)


Prepare pan: Remove sides from a 9-inch round springform pan (see note, below). Place a sheet of waxed paper over bottom, leaving an overhang; lock sides onto bottom, firmly securing paper. Spray inside of pan with cooking spray; line sides with a strip of waxed paper 28 inches long and 4 inches wide.

1. Make chocolate-ricotta mixture: Break 12 ounces of chocolate into pieces. Place in a heatproof medium bowl set over, not in, a pan of simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted, 8 to 10 minutes.

2. In a food processor, blend ricotta until very smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl. Add warm chocolate; blend until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. With a rubber spatula, gently fold in chocolate-ricotta mixture.

3. Assemble cake: Arrange half the cookies in an overlapping pattern to cover bottom of pan. Spoon half the chocolate-ricotta mixture on top of cookies; smooth top. Cover with remaining cookies; top with remaining chocolate-ricotta mixture, and smooth top. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 6 hours and up to 2 days.
Before serving, release sides of pan and remove waxed paper from sides. Using bottom piece of waxed paper, pull cake onto a platter; with a metal spatula, lift cake and remove waxed paper. Using a vegetable peeler, shave remaining 2 ounces chocolate over top of cake. With a knife dipped in hot water, cut cake into 10 slices (wipe off knife, and dip in hot water after each slice).

Enjoy!!!!

Cassie said...

Tortellini Tomato Soup

This one is one of my favorite soup recipes. It's also very quick and easy.

Garlic
2 T butter
3 cans chicken broth (15 oz)
1 can Italian Stewed Tomatoes (15 oz)
A little dried basil (maybe about 2 tsp.)
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach (the rect. block)
1 8 oz. bag or so of cheese tortellini

Grated Romano cheese


Saute garlic in butter (do not brown)
Add cans of broth and tomatoes, spinach and basil. Cook for about 20 minutes or so. Add the tortellini and cook another 5-10 minutes or until Tortellini is cooked. Serve with grated cheese and a good loaf of Italian Bread....enjoy!

Sorry if some of it is vague, it's just all in my head, not a written recipe.

Scrapbook Diva & Rayme Royale said...

HI Andrea,

I needed a peach cobbler recipe!!! I went out to the farmers market and they have the most amazing peaches right now. Thanks so much.

Scrapbook Diva & Rayme Royale said...

HI Andrea,

I needed a peach cobbler recipe!!! I went out to the farmers market and they have the most amazing peaches right now. Thanks so much.

Scrapbook Diva & Rayme Royale said...

HI Andrea,

I needed a peach cobbler recipe!!! I went out to the farmers market and they have the most amazing peaches right now. Thanks so much.