Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Hanging out at the Expo"

Hi Divas and Dukes,

I just spent 3 days with my good Diva Buddy Miss Vicky at Scrapbook Expo. I was helping her with a little mini class in her booth. We did a cute little mini suitcase with an accordion book coming out of it. Don't worry , it will show up on a Divasode!

When I started "Scrapbook Diva" I used to attend 25 of these shows each year in various cities around the country. I'm wondering how I survived the physical grind of setting up a booth, standing on your feet for 8-10 hours a day, and then tearing it down at the end of the show. I'm still recovering and it was over on Sat. night!!!!!! Of course I was chatting so much I lost my voice. I do hope it will appear for tomorrows show.

We constantly had 5-9 women at our table in various stages of the project. We went from 9am -5 or 6pm. It was a blast to see all the different Divas AND Dukes, and have them add their individual touch to the project. Some people hung out with us for over an hour. It was like a 2 day party.

I loved touching base with all my other manufacturing friends in the industry. It's nice to see them doing well and Kicking it up a creative notch.

Miss Vicky at Cut-it-Up always has some cutting edge products in her booth. She was also showing Bees Wax collage techniques as well as doing some really cool collage with tins and alcohol inks. Each day I left their feeling like I needed to find more time to sit down and do more projects. I was hoping she and I could play a little at her demo table but we were so busy we never had a chance to.

Rayme came to walk the show with me but we were so slammed that he had to walk around without me. He was there for about 2 hours and I know he found some cool things.

if you ever have a chance to attend a consumer show they're lots of fun AND extremely dangerous!!!!! You Always leave their with many shopping bags.

Do you have a favorite Consumer show or a fun story about them? Let us know.

1 comment:

crazycurlgirl said...

I am oh-so jealous! I LOVE trade shows. I love the make and takes, meeting the designers, and seeing new ideas for stuff I already have. Miss Vicky has the most fun picture on the lounge, I bet you laughed the whole time!