Monday, September 21, 2009

The Diva Doctrine

HI Divas And Dukes,

It's Monday and I love to see what all my friends are up to thru Twitter. I feel like I'm connected to them thru the "Crafting Cosmos"(tm) even though we live all over the globe.

So, I'm reading Cathy Murillo"s (The Crafty Chica) tweets and on them I see the infamous word "Judging" and I look at her Blog. OMG! I was so upset for her. She's one of the most sweetest,talented,ladies you'll ever have the great pleasure to meet.

She tells the story of her helping and encouraging someone in the "Art' community and then being snubbed by this individual and her friends. They felt she wasn't worthy! Being the Leo that I am and fiercely loyal, I just wanted to jump on a plane and find out who this sad person was and tell them they're NUTS!

Instead, I've decided to write my frustrations out on our Blog. Rayme and I try to keep it our Blog Creative and positive but we always have the conversation of "Why are people so judgmental & why are women so hurtful to each other?" This is something I've puzzled over for decades(since I was 7).

Being in the theatre you're always judged. You know "Life is a constant audition" but you learn to accept that as part of the process to get another gig! One of the most challenging and rewarding adventures was jumping head first into the crafting world 10 years ago! I think it helped that I wore a ball gown and my tiara!

It always floors me when I hear about the mean things people say and do to each other. Like "La Chica" said, She just blesses and releases them! But really! Why do we need to go there in the first place!

So, you're asking yourself "where is she going with this?" The Diva Doctrine of course! "Dare to be BOLD , Different,and always KIND" Every week I sign off the show with that little saying for a reason. I want you all to go out there and do something that you wouldn't normally do. I want you to experience something different and wonderful and I REALLY want you to be KIND to yourself and others.

Here's our challenge....This is for me too! We're going to stop ourselves from saying and doing things that we'll regret later. We're sending loving, positive things out into the universe to spread happiness and joy! Pollyanna? maybe, but what a great world it would be if we all did this. One Diva & Duke at a time!

Love & positive thoughts,

Diva Danielle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to stop in and say hello and what a great topic to be able to pop in on!! I totally agree with you. Yes, I'm an opinionated woman, but in that doesn't have to be judgement and hate or anger, or anything hurtful. I have always wondered why people have to say less than kind words to each other. I was the one in high school that got picked on and made fun of...because of that it has made me very sensitive to others' feelings. So yes, lets be kind and do and say things that we'll never have to regret!!

I work in retail, and I try to be kind and "gentle" with each and every one of my customers. I think of it this way..."what if my smile is the only smile they get today?!" So lets be like Diva Danielle!!

God Bless,
LeighAnn