Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September Already?????

September! It didn't hit me until Danielle and I were talking on our radio show today about the date....September!!! Wow!
I know I say it a lot, but as we all get busier in our lives, hanging on to and recognizing every moment as a precious seems to be more vital now than ever. For me, I'm keeping that consciousness going....and going....and going....;-)

There's been a lot of creative opportunities going on and I so look forward to the fall. I'm looking forward to creating new greeting card designs using more things around the house and of course, the things I happen upon in my garage. It is stuffed with all kinds of boxes of craft stuff, yard stuff, you name it, it's there. And if you happen to have a garage and you have the slightest bit of creativity (which we ALL do), then you know exactly what my garage looks like....YOURS!!!

It's fun to go shopping in there! AND, I've already purchased it! Time to pull out those old living room paintings in their out-dated frames and have some fun with them! I love taking things like that and making them into cards. This means taking the canvas and tearing it up...so be EXTREMELY careful that you're not unwittingly tearing up an early Picasso!

But this time I want to take the same idea and re-arrange the small squares that I have torn up and make a colorful collage out of it. Re-dress the picture frame, perhaps spray paint it jet black or maybe a smooth silver, and put the new work back in the new frame. I'm playing more with arranging the squares to give it more of a mosaic look and I sure do love the process as much as I like the final out-come. And with the mosaic theme, (although I haven't done this yet and it is popping into my mind as I write this), it might be really cool to fill in all of the cracks between the squares with a fine glitter! Talk about an added POP!

Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you!

Keep it JOY-FULL!!!!

RAYME ROYALE

No comments: