Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall Fun!!!!

Hi Divas and Dukes,

What a great weekend!!!

I was able to have a sleep over at my sister's house with my 2 nephews. She lives about an hour east of San Diego so I always say "I'm going to the country". My nephews are 6 and 1/2 and such a joy in my life. It's so much fun to spoil them and then I get to go home!!!!

We did our annual pumpkin patch adventure. I have a new camera so I was a picture taking fool! There's a button just for kids and animals so I can get some action shots. Those boy's move fast!!!!!

The boys ran around and visited the barnyard animals, traipsed thru the pumpkin patches, and this year we added "corn husk shooting." They loved it, but every time they pushed the button to shoot the corn, it made a horrible sound and it made us jump.

My nephew Cameron helped me pick out my pumpkin. It's a blue Pumpkin called a "Fairy Tale" pumpkin, but it's actually a light green color. Very Groovy!!!!

After dinner we went outside and decorated the house for Halloween. The "Boy Boy's" are into anything scary and bloody much to the dismay of their Mom. It's so much fun to watch them decorate. They really get into it!!!!! They take after their Auntie.


The following morning we decided to keep the adventure going and drive up to Julian. It's a little town 22 miles north east of where my sis lives. So it's Mt. and Country. Julian is known for apple picking which means some terrific apple pies. I think the whole of San Diego had the same idea. It was a little crowded.

The weather was a little rainy so it was "Very Fall Like" for San Diego. We stocked up on Apple pie,Fudge,and Honey Comb and drank hot apple cider. Yum!!! I'm getting hungry just thinking of it. It was so relaxing just get away and play tourist.

It really jump started my Fall to make this little trip. Let us know if you have a Fall Ritual you'd like to share.

Happy Fall Y'all!!!!!

No comments: