Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Rayme Royale's Christmas Card Agenda...

Hey Divas and Dukes...

FALL is HERE! I am all ready thrilled about the air getting crisp and the color of fall is starting to pick up momentum.
It's a wonderful time to find a time and place to make my favorite up of tea, sit down with all of my wonderful craft supplies that I have been meaning to get to for a long time and start thinking about new directions.

Since Diva Danielle has told you about making Christmas cards for the troops, (which I was honored to make a few of them myself to send off) it's not too late for all of US to start thinking about the Christmas cards that we're going to be sending out this year for our loved ones!

I've started playing with water colors and find that I don't have to be a 'true' artist (what ever THAT means) to paint the simplest of Christmas trees, or a Christmas wreath with just a few brush strokes and/or swirls on a light colored piece of card stock. Then dot the tree or wreath with other colors to make them look like they are 'aglow' with lights.
Add a little star at the top of the tree, or a ribbon at the top of the wreath, adhere it to a card stock, and you're done!

Since my Christmas Card list seems to get much longer every year with many more friends and acquaintances that I am blessed to receive in my life, it's something to start working on here and there so that I'm not bogged down at the last minute during the holiday rush. There are too many people that I want to spend my holidays with and getting my cards started early not only keeps me ahead of my schedule, but keeps me creative as well!

And I LOVE the fact that, no matter how many of the same card I make, NOBODY is getting an identical card! So I treasure the fact that I am giving little pieces of unique art to loved ones far and near.

Let me know any of YOUR quick Christmas Card tips! I'm always interested!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I just cranked out some cards to send to the troops, too.
I cut out trees with my Cricut and had my 3 year old punch out some circles with a standard hole punch for the ornaments, then added a little brown trunk. Glued it on the card (1/2 of white 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock, folded) then put the whole thing in my sizzix and embossed it with a cuttlebug embossing folder...quick, easy and lots of fun. Here's a link to the
card http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/gallery/details.ihtml?idx=76742